Dave Ferguson had some helpful hints on Getting God’s Things Done….
1. RETREAT DAY – Pick a retreat day and get away. You know – change of pace and change of place leads to a change in perspective.
2. ASK GOD TO DIRECT YOUR GOAL-SETTING – Use your time on this retreat to pray and listen for God’s direction about your goals. I recently heard Erwin McManus say “what sets Christ Followers apart from other religious people is that when we pray we hear from God and obey.”
3. WRITE DOWN POTENTIAL GOALS – As things come to mind – write them down as potential goals. Take the list of potential goals and narrow them down to what you believe are the priorities and possible goals.
4. SEEK WISE COUNSEL – Once you have finished with your list of goals meet with a trusted friend who shares your spiritual values and review your goals with that person. If they confirm that these are God-honoring goals I would feel confident that these goals are the direction you should move.
5. ONE STEP AT A TIME – We never accomplish significant goals all at once, we pursue them one step at at time. As you take each step continue to ask God for guidance or to have Him re-direct you.