Howard Schultz Starbuck CEO was on the cable show American Made a few weeks ago and here are some of the notes I took in my trusty old Moleskine.
- People don’t go to Starbucks for just the coffee they go for the "coffee experience".
- Talking about Starbucks huge success he commented "we willed it".
- People will pay a premium price for a product that gives them a premium experience.
- They serve 40 million customers a week.
- The original owners didn’t see the vision of selling coffee (originally Starbucks just sold coffee beans) so he had to quit Starbucks and later return with a bunch of investors to buy the company, In other words he didn’t take no for an answer…
- Success provokes playa haters, note the Starbucks hater-aide served in many quarters.
- What is the experience of your brand? What feelings and emotions do people attach to their interactions with you?
Powered by Qumana