It’s been a little while but I’m back and I’m tanned rested and ready!
Written by Yoel Inbar, the widget displays tasks from all your RTM lists or a specific list. You can mark tasks complete by clicking their checkboxes.
The Cranking Widgets blog runs down the steps to create and send a new email in Microsoft Outlook without using the mouse:
1. Use Alt+Tab to switch to Outlook.
2. If you’re looking at anything other than one of your mail folders (like your Calendar or Contacts), hit Ctrl+Shift+M to open a new mail message, otherwise just hit Ctrl+N.
Occasionally a good idea catches on and becomes wildly successful. Our recent release of PocketMac MacThemes for BlackBerry has been one of those, and we are grateful for so much enthusiasm around this product. The look and feel makes Mac users feel right at home.
t’s one of the ironies of getting caught up in Getting Things Done: a lot of things, including your dreams, end up on your Someday/Maybe list. And that’s more than a shame; it’s a guaranteed way of slowly dying inside.
Putting your dreams on a shelf for the sake of productivity is like squeezing shut the tube that pipes air and sunshine down to you from your future. You don’t want to do that: in fact, David Allen doesn’t want you to do that.
Imified allows you to extend the functionality of your instant messaging client so you can be more productive. Imified ties the services of existing Web sites into your IM client.
Ok, I’m going to jump right in. Getting Things Done (or GTD) is a system to free your mind of it’s resources and become more organized in the process. In short: it’s a way to become more productive and stress free, in one fell swoop. It’s a beautiful thing, really.
Following on from David Allen’s Mind Mapping Webinar, where David discussed various ways he uses MindManager as a brainstorming tool, I ‘d like to share how I use GyroQ and MindManager maps to support my GTD process.
If you work from multiple computers and find it easier to work exclusively in an online environment, from storage to document editing, you might find it interesting that Box.net and Zoho released some news this past weekend that could dramatically increase your productivity, and decrease your reliance on desktop based office suites.
Freeverse today announced the first official release of Think, a streamlined application to shift your workflow from overwhelming to under-control with just the flick of a mouse. Think allows users to “illuminate” any Mac OS X application they’d like, blocking distractions from other windows and applications, so that they can focus on the task at hand.
The GTD Mastery 100
Checklist for Greatness
Add up your score monthly and track in your GTD journal. Work with a coach to get to 90 or above.
- I have read Getting Things Done from front to back.
- I have a calendar which is always on hand.
- I use my calendar for appointments and day-specific items only.
- I have a physical inbox which I use daily.
- I have an email program, set up the way I want it.
- I have voice mail, set up the way I want it.
- I always have a way to capture ideas and get them out of my head, in all contexts (notepad, laptop, voice recorder, etc.).
- I have a place or places to keep Next Actions lists, accessible in the right context.
- I have a Master Projects List.
- I have listened to GTD on audiobook.
I’ve mentioned this briefly in my morning routine, but I thought I’d explain a little bit more about MITs – Most Important Tasks. It’s not an original concept, but one that I use on a daily basis and that has helped me out tremendously.